IDX, the leading digital privacy platform and data breach services provider, reminds consumers that the privacy of their personal information is in their hands by offering practical tips and discounted access to its flagship product, IDX Privacy. With more individuals and families working, schooling and living at home, protecting digital privacy is more important than it has ever been.
“As we dive into the new year, we are excited to continue to advance a digitally safe world for consumers and their privacy. The SolarWinds hack, daily work-from-home vulnerabilities and many access points in the COVID-19 tracing infrastructure are just a few of the risks threatening consumers,” commented Tom Kelly, president and CEO of IDX. “These are just a few of the ways consumers can adapt to their digital lifestyle, and we hope many will benefit from our flagship product, IDX Privacy, which helps users take charge of their digital privacy and reduce their digital footprint.”
Ways in which individuals can take steps to protect their digital privacy include:
- Using strong passwords, change your passwords frequently and utilize multi-factor authentication whenever possible.
- Turning on encryption on mobile devices and use an encrypted flash drive to protect stored files.
- Connecting with a VPN to protect from eavesdropping when using public Wi-Fi networks.
- Utilizing a tracking blocker with your browser to defeat trackers that monitor your information, behavior and interests.
- Turning off location services on devices except when you need to use them with a specific app.
With prices starting at $49.95 annually for the first year, IDX offers a host of consumer products to help sure up any digital vulnerabilities. Learn more here.
Top Image: Via Unsplash