Good morning and welcome to our new home. As we get settled, we will continue to bring you the entertaining and informative news you’ve grown accustom to. Here’s what you need to know this morning.
- At the 11th hour, our so called elected officials reached a deal to avoid going over the fiscal cliff. Let’s not start popping the champagne yet. The most egregiousness act of the night happened when congress voted to put a hold on recovery dollars that was supposed to go to hurricane Sandy victims in the northeast.
- 2013 hasn’t gotten off to the best start for Apple. Armed robbers broke into an Apple store in Paris around 9pm New Years eve and stole about 1 million euros ($1.25 million) in apple products.
- If you’ve ever thought about being a sperm donor on Craigslist, you may want to reconsider. Three years ago a Kansas man looking to make some extra cash responded to an ad on Craigslist. When the mother applied for welfare and only saw one parent listed on the application, the state ordered the sperm donor to pay child support.
- In what is being called a titillating breakthrough in cancer research, researchers at UC Berkeley found that squeezing your breasts can help slow the growth of the disease. Here is a link to the study.
- A controversial $100 million lawsuit that was filed against the state of Connecticut in the wake of the deadly Newtown elementary school shooting has been dropped.
Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris have officially tied the knot. The couple got married on New Year’s Eve at the Playboy mansion before Hefner’s annual New Year’s Eve party.